Position Description: 1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Direct Patient Care, Telemetry Monitoring, Cardic Drips, Stroke Patients
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)Cerner EMR
Omnicell Medication System
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
1 year of expereince required
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS, ACLS, NIHSS Stroke Scales
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Yes, MSU, CDU
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
4:1 or 5:1
9. Dress Code:
Scrubs – Navy
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
1 day with the educator – 3 days on the floor
Comments: Rotating AP/PA