*Performs routine nursing work at the competent level in a State Mental Health Hospital.
*Conducts comprehensive assessments of patients’ nursing care needs using specialized skills in (depending on the setting) psychiatric or medical-surgical nursing.
*Identifies nursing diagnoses or problem lists and formulates an initial plan of care based on assessment data.
*Serves as a team leader and provides clinical supervision to other nursing staff members including Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) and Psychiatric Nursing Assistants (PNA) as necessary.
*Establishes unit routines and develops and maintains the therapeutic milieu.
*Observes patient behavior and status and reports to the physician, other team members and supervisor as appropriate.
*Carries out nursing interventions as identified in the multi-disciplinary recovery plan.
*Administers medications as ordered and maintains medication administration and controlled drug records according to facility policy.
*Serves as group leader for therapeutic patient groups or patient teaching activities as necessary or as requested
• Complete immunization record.
• American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification and Heimlich and the ability to perform these techniques correctly and safely according to the specifications of the American Heart Association.
• Ability to physically be trained on and conduct Treatment Intervention and Preventative Strategies (TIPS).
• RN: Must have a license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact as described in Art. 4528b of the Nurse Practice Act.
• LVN: Must be licensed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse by the state of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact .
* weekends are required
11/29/2021 – 5/28/2022