Required skills & experience:
• Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
• Registered Dietitian with at least 4 years’ experience managing nutrition services in a similar setting.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required.
• Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
• Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
• Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• At least 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
• Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
What you need to know:
• Conducting Nutrition assessments to determine the nutrition needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
• Delivering and documenting direct care Nutrition interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to implementing and monitoring special diets and meal intake and providing nutrition counseling to participants and families.
• Overseeing the menu planning and meal delivery program to ensure that all safety and regulatory requirements are met and participants receive the correct special diets.
• Overseeing the coordination of supplements as ordered.
• Providing staff training to day center staff on the meal delivery program as needed.
• Working with the WelbeHealth PACE Physician and other members of the IDT to support smooth care transitions between settings (e.g. hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
• Supporting the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
• Other duties as assigned.