Required skills & experience:
• Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
• Valid Physical Therapy license in the state of California, or proof of license eligibility
• Master’s degree in Physical Therapy, a Physical Therapy related field in addition to a bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, or Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy plus 5 years of progressively responsible PT experience
• Minimum of two years Physical Therapy experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
• Physical Therapy knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
• Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
• Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
What you need to know:
• Conducting Physical Therapy assessments in our facility and in the home to determine the Physical Therapy care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
• Delivering and document Physical Therapy interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to providing active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait and functional training of ADLs; treatments such as massage, heat, sound, water light or electricity.
• Supervising the Therapy Assistants, including providing training, instruction and guidance needed to implement Functional Maintenance Programs (FMP).
• Providing training and instructions to staff, participants and caregivers/families in the use and care of therapeutic equipment.
• Ordering, tracking and managing maintenance for equipment.
licenses and certifications
BLS, CA License