Required skills & experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• CPR certification required.
• PBT (ASCP) certification
• 1 year of recent phlebotomy experience in a comparable healthcare setting or demonstrated competency and proficiency in all Phlebotomist I job responsibilities
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Moderate computer skills needed
• Drivers License and reliable transportation to travel between sites required
• Strong customer service skills
What you need to know:
• Perform a variety of routine and special phlebotomy procedures as authorized by the Manager/Director
• Responsible for ordering tests into the Laboratory and Hospital computer systems and documenting Lab receipt of specimens
• Collect patient specimens in accordance with test requirements and in a manner which is appropriate for the age and/or specific patient population served
• Collect blood samples for specific tests ensuring volume is adequate and correct tubes are utilized
• Must be able to occasionally travel between the other facility/hospital locations in the area.