The Mental Health Therapist is responsible for providing diagnostic assessments, therapy, counseling, and support services for a diverse caseload including adults, adolescents, and families experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or family conflict. They are a deeply familiar with other services and resources within the community and work closely with them to provide information and support when required outside of MCHC.
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Education or Formal Training (Licenses/Certifications):
- LCSW, CMCH, MFT, licensed in the State of Utah required.
- Master’s Degree from accredited social work program required.
- CSW also acceptable if working toward licensure (to be completed within 1 yr of hire)
- Two (2) years’ minimum experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Prior experience with EMR and/or practice management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and compassionate patient skills required with strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, Required
- OIG/GSA compliant.
- Current CPR certification required, along with any required maintenance.
- Current personal immunization records, along with any required maintenance.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all MCHC records, PII, and PHI (created, received, maintained, or transmitted).
- Ability to interact and engage professionally with diverse population and work well under pressure (multi-tasking).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Eligible to bill Medicaid and Medicare
- Travel: Infrequent, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to display a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to follow all MCHC policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, actively participate and attend employee meetings and complete required training programs in a timely manner.
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of MCHC.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members to ensure superior results and team success.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think and act independently to find solutions.
- Is task and deadline oriented.
- Ability to take on ownership of assignments and communicate status, issues, etc., and follow-through to completion.