Unit Notes:***FIRST COVID VACCINE REQUIRED BY 09/15/21 – Series to be completed by 11/1/21. Declination only accepted if signed by a Doctor for medical exemption or Clergy for religious exemption.***
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
This unit provides care for observation patients admitted from the ER or from clinic settings. Patients admitted here for a variety of disease/illness states except cardiac diagnoses. High paced unit with lots of patient turnover- admissions/discharges/transfers may occur at all hours of the day. Goal of this unit is to treat pts, obtain labs and other diagnostics quickly to determine need for inpatient admission vs. discharge. No vasoactive gtts used on this unit
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Paper documentation thru 1/31/19. Meditech doc on 2/1/19. Pyxis medication delivery, Braun IV pumps
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Minimum 2 yrs experience in med/surg/tele, basic arrhythmia interpretation
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS, ACLS, NIHSS, active KY license (or compact state)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone Is call required If so, how often Are weekends required)
36 hours/week guaranteed, scheduled 36/48 EOW, weekends per unit manager, no block scheduling
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments)
Med/Surg areas, CDU
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
9. Dress Code:
Gray scrub pants, choice of scrub top
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
2 day general orientation, 2 shadow shifts with a preceptor
Since floating is required, candidates should also be competent with the use of intravenous cardiac medications (dobutamine, dopamine, amiodarone, nicardipine, Natrecor/Primacor, Cardizem, Lasix/Albumin, heparin, and insulin). These medications are used on 3WT and 2S. Telemetry for all beds- monitored via central monitoring station._x000D_
Cancellation Policy:Client May cancel one (1) shift every two weeks without penalty or need to pay for those hours. All billable hours will be based off of worked hours, not travel time._x000D_
Charting System:MEDITECH – Web Acute_x000D_
License to Submit:Yes_x000D_
Shift Notes:7-7; 36/36 Guaranteed; 36/48 Scheduled_x000D_
Required Certifications:ACLS, BLS, COVID Vaccine Required, NIHSS