IHS facility is seeking three travel LPN’s for a 13 week assignment in Tahlequah, OK. Please see below for Job description:
* Routine duties shall include providing health care services to individuals eligible for services in accordance with the self-governance compact and funding agreement between the Cherokee Nation and United States executed under the authority of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act.
* Rooms patients.
* Takes and records vital signs.
* Screens patients according to Cherokee Nation’s policies
* Orders lab and x-rays according to Cherokee Nation’s policies and standing orders.
* Administers medications, immunizations, and treatments according to standing orders, and/or provider orders.
* Operates a variety of medical equipment.
* Documents observations, referrals and nursing interventions according to CN documentation standards.
* Assist the provider with diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures and exams.
* Provides patient education and self-management support.
* Obtains lab specimens as needed.
* Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities using the Model for improvement.
* Participates as part of the care Team.
Must have a minimum of 3 years experience
Possess a valid Oklahoma Practical Nurse’s License
Certs: BLS and ACLS
Good written and verbal communication skills
Meet pre-employment credentialing clearances (Background Check and Drug Screen)
Ability to meet physical demands (stand; walk; sit; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl), and lift up to 50lbs