Position Description: 1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Critical Care nursing experience required.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Cerner System- EPIC conversion 7/2021; Omnicell automated medication cabinet;
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Critical Care Experience with a minimum of 2 years medical/surgical ICU experience
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Rotating AP/PA. Sunday through Saturday; may not be all together. Employee will be on the unit with others at all times. Option for On-call required.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
PCU or ED
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
9 bed ICU; 20 bed step down
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
ICU 2:1 ratio; PCU 4:1; float ED
9. Dress Code:
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
One day onboarding with Educator; two days on the unit with RN
Comments: Float to PCU as needed
Shifts rotating AP/PA