Required skills & experience:
• Graduation from high school or equivalent required
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification required, Home Health Aide (HHA) certification preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required
• Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
• At least 1 year of experience providing personal care to a frail or elderly population as a CNA or HHA
• Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively
• Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds
• Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
What you need to know:
• Reporting to the Home Care Manager, the Home Care Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care services to PACE participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed.
• Client provides ample PPE and test regularly to keep you and your family safe from COVID
• Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to PACE participants, in their homes, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, dressing, toileting, transferring etc.
• Assist participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), including but not limited to laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, etc.
• Measure and document participants’ vital signs as instructed
• Assist with light meal preparation and feeding in participants’ homes, ensuring participants are nurtured and hydrated
• Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their homes and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical appointments as assigned
• Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming items in participants’ homes
• Assist Rehabilitation department by carrying out a home exercise program as indicated in the care plan developed by the IDT, after sufficient training
• Remind participants of medications which are ordinarily self-administered
• Provide translation services as needed, if qualified