Required skills & experience:
• Candidate must be currently licensed to practice by the Iowa State Board of Nursing. • Must have a valid driver’s license.
• A minimum of three-(3) years’ experience, including management/supervision experience in an acute behavioral health-care facility is required.
• Master’s degree in Nursing highly preferred, but will consider candidates with a BSN
• Application of nursing standards and practice within an acute psychiatric setting
• Timely renew and maintain an active registered nursing license, cardiopulmonary resuscitation for healthcare professionals certification, professional skills verification and “Handle with Care” (psychiatric crisis management) certification.
• Thorough knowledge of JCAHO, CMS, OSHA, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
What you need to know:
1. Develops, maintains and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
2. Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options.
3. Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment plans for clients. Provides overall supervision of client assessments and care plans. Coordinates nursing services with all other departments.
4. Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation. Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel. When indicated initiates a refresher or re-certifies competency in nursing processes.
5. Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss client’s status, identify indicators for reassessment of client’s condition, reaction/responsiveness and involvement of other disciplines. Discusses census changes, personnel or resident complaints or concerns.
licenses and certifications
IA License, RN
JCAHO/JACHO, Microsoft Office, Excel