Required skills & experience:
1. LADAC II or LPC license preferred; open to master’s prepared applying for license
2. Experience working with substance use disorders and, specifically, opioid use disorders preferred
3. Knowledge and support of Harm Reduction as an evidence-based practice critical
What you need to know
1. This is a full-time opportunity.
2. Expected to go back to the treatment center in a few months.
3. Competitive salary, benefits package and free CEUs offered.
4. Opportunity to join a growing company and be part of best-in-class MAT team.
Primary Job Function:
-The Counselor will be in charge of assisting patients through the outpatient treatment process and providing individualized substance use counseling and other therapeutic interventions, as needed for individuals with a primary diagnosis of opioid use disorder.
-Conducts individual counseling sessions and group therapy sessions utilizing the Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, and Cognitive Behavioral approaches.
-Build the comprehensive treatment plan for the patient, evaluate patients’ progress during counseling, and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving the overall outcome.