Required skills & experience (the 4 “must haves” to be considered)
1. Must currently have a Virginia state independent license (LPC, CSAC, LCSW, or MSW).
2. Previous experience working with individuals diagnosed with substance use disorders and, specifically, opioid use disorder preferred.
3. Must have experience conducting evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination & helping facilitate the initial comprehensive assessment
– Facilitates, establishes, and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
– Develops aftercare plans and discharge plans
4. Knowledge and espousement of Harm Reduction as an evidence-based practice is critical to succeed in this job role.
What you need to know
– This is a full-time role covering Abingdon, VA
-Client is working on re-opening their facilities and need candidates who are willing to be in the office
Primary Job Function:
– The Counselor/Therapist will be in charge of assisting patients through the outpatient treatment process and providing individualized substance use counseling and other therapeutic interventions, as needed, for individuals with a primary diagnosis of opioid use disorder.
– The Counselor/Therapist conducts individual counseling sessions and group therapy sessions utilizing the Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, and Cognitive Behavioral approaches.
– The Counselor/Therapist will build the comprehensive treatment plan for the patient in treatment, evaluate patients’ progress during counseling, and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving the overall outcome.
– The Counselor/Therapist is a critical member of the larger multidisciplinary team.