Required skills & experience:
• Licensure or certification in the State of Michigan as a Substance Abuse Counselor, Peer Recovery Coach, or the equivalent of either in your state. (LLMSW, LMSW, CADC, LLPC, LPC)
• Must have licensure or certification that allows for coach to assist clients unsupervised.
• One (1) year experience providing SUD services in an inpatient or outpatient setting is preferred.
• Master’s degree
• Briefs: 1 year (Preferred)
• EHR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
• Discharge Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
• Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Telehealth: 1 year
• At least 2 years of recent counseling or case management experience
• Ability and willingness to do work online; familiarity with Google Drive, spreadsheets, documentation, videoconferencing and secure email.
• Must agree to maintain computer and internet accessibility as these are essential to providing online counseling services.
• Strong communication, CBT, and motivational interviewing skills. Ability to apply evidence-based therapeutic interventions.
• Enthusiasm for revolutionizing the way addiction is addressed and treated is necessary!
What you need to know:
• Assist with in-person induction visits 2-3 times per week
• Communicate with clients via our digital platform on a regular basis. Consult with our partnering medical providers to coordinate patient care.
• Provide a full-range of supportive SUD services including brief individual text-based counseling, intensive counseling, case management, and consultations to support strength-based discharge planning and continuity of care.
• Participate in case conferencing with clinical supervisor and director to assess client needs, progress, documentation, and exit planning.
• Prepare all related treatment documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner. Experience with electronic health records essential.
• Participate in care management for clients through our digital platform, in person, and on the phone.
• Intervene as an advocate for clients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations. Provide client and/or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
• Coordinate with service providers outside of the organization to market, refer, and collaborate enhancing client care.