Required skills & experience:
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification required.
* Current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
* Minimum of 5 years providing direct services to people with chronic mental illness and substance abuse issues.
* At least 2 years of experience with a frail or elderly population.
* Prior experience coaching others in a supervisory capacity, preferred. (Really looking for a LCSW who can provide supervision to therapists that still need to complete hours).
* Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.
* Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
* Strong preference for those who have completed 2-step COVID-19 vaccination series or are willing to do so in first 30 days after hire as condition of continued employment
* Master’s in Behavioral health (MSW) or Doctorate in Psychology (PhD) required.
* Licensed by CA Board of Behavioral Sciences as an LCSW or licensed by the CA Board of Psychologists as a Psychologist.
What you need to know:
* Conducting behavioral health assessments to determine the behavioral health care needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participating in IDT meetings to develop discipline-specific goals and interventions.
* Delivering and documenting behavioral health interventions as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to symptom management, counseling, crisis intervention, arranging necessary resources and services, assisting with care transitions, providing individual and group counseling and case management.
* Facilitating individual and group therapies in various forms as appropriate such as art and music therapy, psychosocial drama, counseling and discussion that restore or expand participants’ social roles.
* Providing training on behavioral health symptoms and interventions to the PACE staff.
* Providing mentorship and clinical supervision to the PACE Social Workers (MSWs) in their training to become Licensed Clinical Social Workers, as assigned.
* Supporting the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner, including joining the intake team to screen prospective enrollees as requested.